Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Heading to the MTC tomorrow!

All right friends and family. This will be the last post directly from me. I’m entering the MTC….My wonderful mother will keep this blog updated with posts from me, so stay tuned. :)

So I'm going to the MTC tomorrow! I want to share the gospel of Jesus Christ and the hope that comes from it. Because I know that it is true! I know it has blessed my life and I want to honestly and sincerely share this message of joy. I want people to feel and know that they are loved and learn of the beautiful power of the atonement and the clarity and peace that the gospel of Jesus Christ brings.
And I hope to grow as a person. I’ve had just a little experience with life, with attending BYU and massage therapy school and relationships and working. I hope I can become who I need to become so I can better serve God. I know that I have potential. I know that we all have potential to become better. I hope that I can forget myself and be humble enough to let the Lord work through me. Not only for me to become who I know I can become, but so I can reach people that He needs me to reach and influence.

“But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you…”
            -1st Peter 3:15

I have hope because I know that everything will work out. I know that we are here to experience hard things. I know we are here to do the best we can do. I know that through Christ we are saved. Christ is my Savior. I know he loves me and everybody. I am in awe at the incomprehensible love that the Lord has for us. And with that love comes a hope—a hope that we will always be loved. A hope that we are always wanted and worthwhile. I know that this gospel is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know the teachings of the prophets are true. I know Joseph Smith restored this gospel to the earth. I know that the Lord works through people. I know that our Father in Heaven loves us and wants us to be with him again. And I say these things in my saviors name, Jesus Christ, amen. 

Farewell my friends! Keep in touch! 
 Melissa's farewell

 Family

After being set apart as a missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment