Monday, November 3, 2014

Georgia-Week 1

'So here I am, safe and sound in Georgia! I've only been out for less than a week and I already love everything about it. My trainer/new companion is a hardworking, bold-talking girl from Louisianna. She is so great. My first area is amazing. The ward is very much involved in missionary work, more so than any other ward I've lived in. The members are wonderful, always feeding us and driving us around. We've been contacting and met some wonderful, interesting, sweet people. Our investigators are beautiful people that are searching for truth. And it makes me so happy to share the truth with them.
Our purpose as missionaries is to invite others to come to Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. But this is not just a purpose specific to missionaries. It is for every single member. Two words that really stick out to me are 'invite' and 'help'. It's an interesting connection to make to realize that we can best HELP people by INVITING them to accept the gospel. The gospel of Jesus Christ is where true happiness can be found. The gospel of Jesus Christ is for EVERYBODY. When I'm teaching investigators, I wish I could just open my heart and let them feel what I feel about this gospel. But agency is a very important part of God's plan for us and they have to decide for themselves. So all I can do is teach the principles with clarity and simplicity and let the spirit speak to their hearts. This gospel is a beautiful gift. For everyone who reads this post, please just realize how happy this gospel has made you. Please recognize the gravity of bringing souls to the truth and to Christ. I'm so grateful for all of you and for your wonderful examples and influences on my life. Keep strong and carry on my friends.'


Okay, so there's a change with sending letters and packages in this mission. They would like everything to be sent to the individual addresses of the missionaries, including packages (before, it's they've always had packages sent to the mission home/office). And then they'd like all letters and packages to be held for a week or two before transfers. So my current address for the next 6 weeks is...
4123 Preston Pointe Way
Cumming, GA 30041


Sister Newman with President & Sister Bennion

New Arrivals
Flying out of the SLC airport. What a beautiful morning.

All the missionaries from our MTC zone going to Georgia.

Pic #3-I found my favorite painting in one of the buildings at the MTC! 

This is my MTC companion, Sister Barnard.
Look who I found! (Tell his mom and family hi for me!)
I have the best Aunt ever. Thank you Aunt Lynette. I love you!
MTC district

No comments:

Post a Comment