Monday, December 8, 2014

Sharon Springs - Week 6

Hello everyone! It's so crazy to know I've been here for a transfer period! Because I am in training, I'll be here at least for another 6 weeks. I can't believe it's December already! I hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas season so far. 


We were able to watch the Christmas Devotional last night. Such beautiful messages were shared. I was impressed with the idea of the Light of Christ. That light continues to grow brighter and brighter, just like our faith. It doesn't have to stop. There is not a maximum amount of light and faith that we are allowed to have in this lift. It is limitless and endless. I'm sure most of you have already heard about this, and I might have mentioned it before, but the church has produced a video called He is the Gift. You can find it on YouTube or at Christmas.Mormon.org. The church produced this beautiful message of centering our focus back on the Savior (The music alone makes me tear up) Because he truly is the most amazing gift that we have. And it is our choice to accept and to share it. It is always there for everyone. It is a fact. He is the center of our lives. He has overcome the world. Faith in Christ is so important. It is the first principle of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Faith in Christ encourages us to act, to repent, to see the good, to appreciate the good, to love. It all starts with faith. And it will always grow, if we want it to. Through our obedience and diligence, that faith will grow, enabling the power of God to bless our lives and the lives of others. What a beautiful thought.

Thank you to all my family and friends who have sent me little notes and letters! They uplift me and truly give me a source of comfort when I need it. Thank you all so much! Have a wonderful week everyone and remember that Christ has overcome the world. We can find peace in him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment